Battleboro Distribution/ Wireway Supervisor
Rocky Mount, NC
The person in this position will be responsible for overseeing the distribution operation and Wireway Production on 3rd shift at both facilities in Battleboro, NC ensuring a safe, efficient, and reliable operation. The distribution supervisor, keeping established goals, objectives, and policies in mind, will develop strategic plans with the Wireway Manager and NA Distribution Manager to attain the overall business plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Motivate, direct, and lead workforce in the fulfillment of company objectives.
- Lead safety team, LEAN event teams, and any other AD HOC improvement teams.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, to all levels in the organization.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to leadership team regarding employees, operations, and needs of the organization.
- Supervise distribution operations and Wireway Production ensuring a safe working environment, quality, efficiency, and on-time shipments.
- Work collaboratively with other supervisors to ensure standardized approaches, processes, and optimal use of resources. Introduce and implement new technology, processes, procedures, and equipment to improve labor efficiency.
- Maintain accurate inventory by organizing storage area, conducting cycle counts, and reconciling variances.
- Monitor employee work schedules to minimize costs and meet business financial goals.
- Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce distribution costs.
- Support scrap and cost reduction programs through implementation of employee ideas.
- Select, coach, counsel, and develop employees to meet business objectives.
- Establish and communicate goals and objectives to distribution and wireway employees and measure key performance indicators.
- Assess and assist in upgrading the skills of employees to meet current and future demands.
- Resolve employee conflict and issues and administer discipline as necessary according to company policy.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of warehousing and logistics
- Expertise in developing and initiating continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
- Experience with SD module of SAP
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Prefer 5 years of operational experience in a leadership role
- APICS certification desired
COMPETENCIES - ESSENTIAL:
- Lean Management
- Customer Focus
COMPETENCIES - DESIRED:
- Project Management
- Stress Management
- Effective Communication
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.