Bench Mechanic-Grade 83-3rd Shift , $19.50 an up (Onsite)
North Berwick, ME
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We’ve introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment.
*Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process.
Perform deburring, blending, polishing countersinking, grinding, drilling or grit blast operations using a variety of hand and power tools and equipment on surfaces and details of aerospace engine components. Perform a variety of assembly, sealing, surface treat and heat treat operations on stators or other aircraft engine parts. Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Select, prepare, drill, countersink, rivet and build complex assemblies for various stages and engine models.
- Perform Total Preventive Maintenance on applicable machines/equipment as required.
- Check parts to meet visual and dimensional requirements using various measuring equipment/tools including micrometers, verniers, height gages and other fixed gages. Assure completed parts meet quality requirements.
- Work from oral and written instructions to remove burrs, nicks and scratches on parts.
- Remove details, drill holes and prepare surface areas for new pins, rivets, shrouds or other details as applicable.
- May be required to perform a variety of heat treat operations.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of various measuring tools, such as height gages, verniers, calipers and micrometers is preferred
- Knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions concerning work methods and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms