Beverage and Nutrition Technical Sales
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, KS
Play a key role as a member of the sales team, focused on selling dairy ingredients to customers across the United States for the Ingredient solutions division. Develop solutions, sell to customers, and serve as the go-to person for beverage and nutrition technical training for the sales team. The primary goal will be to develop, grow, and manage DFA accounts across the Ingredient Solutions (IS) group through sales to existing and prospective key customers, which will involve managing the sales process and any tactical activities related to customer accounts, with the goal of optimizing profitability and operational efficiency (60% of the role).
Collaborate with the R&D department to develop the Beverage and Nutrition EUC (end use category) portfolio and partner with customers' product development and innovation teams to design and develop customized, value-added solutions (40% of the role).
Location: Near Springfield or Kansas City, MO or Chicago, IL
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical consultative process in coordination with EUC directors, including new customer education on DFA IS products and customized solutions. Work with senior leaders to identify prospective accounts and establish relationships with the DFA IS R&D and Process Technology team.
- Acquire and develop beverage, indulgence, and nutrition accounts
- Develop and execute a sales plan to meet sales goals, which includes business planning, strategic account growth, budgeting, relationship development, and contract negotiations
- Represent the company at trade shows and technical conferences
- Address customer challenges and opportunities, acting as the primary point of contact and managing customer needs, such as samples, price quotations, order management, and customer reports
- Track sales projects through a dynamic pipeline and ensure appropriate resources are recommended to address customer issues and competitive threats
- Report on revenue and profitability forecasts in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and create nutritional dry blends, wet systems, and other dairy-based solutions for the Food Service Channel's beverage and nutrition EUC
- Design and develop applications for the beverage and nutrition EUC and transfer solutions to R&D and Process Technology when necessary
- Provide technical education and training to sales staff on the features, benefits, and functionalities of the Beverage and Nutrition portfolio to drive cross-EUC sales
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulations, and competitor activities
- Communicate the technical value of ingredients to both internal and external customers, serving as a technical resource for the Ingredient Solutions sales teams and customers
- Travel to support projects with customers and present reports on project results and next steps
- Champion ideas, share information, develop creative solutions and custom formulations, design ingredients for customer systems, and serve as a technical liaison in the industry
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.