Bird Husbandry Associate
D & D Commodities Ltd.
Sun Pet Distribution is hiring in our Pet Segment! 5 Days a Week.
Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment? Our growing company has opportunities to work in our Birds department. Our team works together to supply our customers with the nation’s top pets. If you are dependable, responsible, and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Sun Pet Distribution Center in Atlanta, GA (Near Hartsfield-Jackson Airport)
Shift Details: Monday thru Thursday 5 AM to 2 PM, Saturday 8 AM- 12 PM (Hours and Days may vary)
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Handle birds properly. Training will be provided.
- Feed, clean and care for birds, exposure to pet dander.
- Match item numbers from picking tickets and picking labels to correct corresponding item numbers.
- Load trucks (as assigned)
- Unload trucks (as assigned)
- Pick Orders (as assigned)
- Ability to operate forklift throughout the facility safely.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of the department.
- Work assigned shift.
- Communicate between lines and assist others when necessary to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Great Attendance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Responsible, reliable, and dependable work habits a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
- Willing to accept assign tasks.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to 10 hours plus per shift.
- Ability to step up onto a step about 18 inches in height.
- Carry multiple buckets weighing 6lbs each.
- Able to lift boxes up to 50lbs.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- · Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- · Free Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- · Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- · 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- · Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- · Employee Assistance Program.
- · Discounts on cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- · Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional certifications).
- · Referral Program with cash bonus.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.