The Blending Operator performs production operation duties to ensure quality product is produced, packaged, and prepared for delivery to customers in a safe manner. This is a 3rd shift position (overnight).
- Operate tea batching, product transfer, and/other machinery and equipment as required.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate mechanical and operational malfunctions.
- Blend and prepare products for tea products.
- Clean and sanitize equipment, utilizing Clean in Place (CIP) and manual cleaning procedures.
- Work closely with supervisors and other operators to meet production demands and minimize downtime.
- Adhere to strict batching, CIP and food safety procedures.
- Monitor and document chemical concentrations as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation during processing to include: Safe Quality Foods (SQF), HACCP, Allergen, Master Sanitation documentation, blend and batch sheets and other documents as needed to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the laboratory to ensure products are formulated and tested to meet quality and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demand/Working Conditions and Experience:
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data.
- Previous experience in fast paced manufacturing environment operating complex machinery, required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally 75 pounds.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold, damp environment.