Blending Operator – Dry Blending
TC Heartland, LLC
Heartland Food Products Group is a global leader in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, producing low-calorie sweeteners, coffee, coffee creamers and liquid water enhancers. We manufacture and market Splenda, the #1 brand in the low calorie sweetener category and the most recognized in the world.
Our goal is to transform the sweetener category from commoditized ingredients to a destination that unleashed shopper’s potential for better, healthier baking and beverages. We make coffee, tea and water taste better and help people live happier, healthier and longer lives by making it easy to reduce sugar.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. Come grow with us!
2nd shift with pay starting at $21 per hour.
This role is not a remote opportunity, it is on-site at our Manufacturing Plant in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The 3rd shift Blender sets up and operates equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle, ribbon blender or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.
- Clean and sterilize blender and factory processing areas.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Observe gauges and thermometers to determine if the mixing chamber temperature is within specified limits, and turn valves to control the temperature.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Must be able to document batch data with accuracy and legibility.
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Must possess visual acuity to document company records
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to understand oral and written instructions in English
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to work extended hours while standing
- Must have good job performance and attendance records