Board Certified Psychiatrist
Fort Bragg, NC
Title:Board Certified Psychiatrist
This position is contingent upon award of contract
Around here, we define the future.
We are a company of innovators, thinkers, creators, explorers, volunteers and dreamers. But we all share one goal: to improve the world responsibly and safely.
KBR is seeking the best behavioral healthcare providers that are interested in being appreciated for their high-level skills in suicide prevention, crisis intervention, threat assessment, and exciting research. If you’re interested in an organization that truly understands work-life balance, and you’re ready to provide real solutions for those most in need, we’d love to add you to our team. We are a Fortune 100 company that recognizes your value and your clinical (or research) and leadership skills in behavioral health. If you fit this bill, get ready for a dynamic career as our staff psychiatrist. You will analyze exciting data with cutting edge tools, take care of our warriors and families when they are most in need, contribute to insightful Neuroscience research and data analysis. You have an extensive background in this area and can tackle the most complicated issues and problems. Very experienced leaders and mentors will be available to support and encourage you in your career with KBR. Your insights, inputs, and interventions will be the key to truly making a difference in the lives of our clients, and you’ll have powerful leadership support to provide you everything you need to continue to be the best in your field.
The Board Certified Psychiatrist will be responsible for clinically supporting and guiding the program on all aspects of health and well-being.
- Provide a full range of outcome-based psychiatric services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving all organ systems; provide injections; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide evidence-based educational lectures, and participate in in-service training for staff members. Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, CTE, or trauma within accepted protocols, clinical practice guidelines, and Medical Practice Acts.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including regular medication reviews, positive health behaviors, and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
- Experience in crisis intervention and identifying neurological bases of behavior.
- Supervise Supervisory Clinical Psychologist and provide clinical leadership at site.
- Possess a MD or DO from an academic program, an unrestricted medical license in the United States or any US territory and ABPN or AOBNP certificate reflecting certification in psychiatry.
- Have the minimum experience required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
- Maintain credentialing and security and clearance requirements in good standing at the local MTF, for DoD, and for program requirements.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a licensed physician and ABPN or AOBNP certificate reflecting certification in psychiatry in one of any U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) as certified by the American Heart Association.
- Documentation of such training shall be provided to the COR. The front and back of the BCLS shall be provided to the Credentialing Department of the MTF they are credentialed through.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.