Cleaver-Brooks Sales & Service
Any salary estimation specified in this job board may or may not be aligned with our organization’s pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide you more details!
Location: Channelview, TX
The Boilermaker, Mobile Steam Department (MSD) assembles boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels according to blueprint specifications. Have an exceptional skill using power tools and hand tools. Reads blueprint to determine location and relationship of parts. Have skills in re-tubing of fire tubes to heads and water tubes boilers. Have knowledge of expanding and belling tube ends, using tube expander and beading ends, using power hammer. Drills and taps holes for installation of studs, using portable drill. Tightens bolts to assemble frames, using hand or power wrenches. Mounts casings of water tube boilers, or attaches davit heads, burners, or furnace casing to fire tube boilers, using wrenches. Bolts or screws accessories, such as man-holes, hand-holes, fans, gauges, and valves to vessel, using hand tools or power wrenches. Replaces defective parts or piping, using power wrenches, prying bars, or hand tools. Can install and repair refractory brick and/or furnace tile. Can thread and install pipe, using pipe wrench and dies. Skilled in removing and replacing insulation and caulk seams to repair insulation on shells, piping, boiler firesides or structures. Removal of defective parts, boiler tubes or tube ends using acetylene torch.
- Research technical drawings/diagrams/materials to ensure appropriate parts pulled for a specific job.
- Piping Lay out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for boiler systems by threading or by sweating copper pipe or pro-press fittings.
- Selecting type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspecting worksites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that piping integrity will not cause structural weakness.
- Planning sequence of re-tubes to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cutting pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Threading pipe, using threading machine.
- Bending stainless and copper tubing by hand tube bended.
- Assemble and installing stainless and copper tubing and fitting.
- Assemble and installing variety of metal pipe and pipefittings.
- Securing pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
- Testing piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks. May weld holding fixtures to structural steel members.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Completing work orders or completing job related paperwork by writing and/or typing.
- Completing written expense reports as needed.
- Driving or operating fork trucks, man-lifts, or other transportation type equipment.
- Overseeing and providing direction to craft labor executing daily work activities in the shop.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria; and visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
A High School diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
- Computer competency including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Basic understanding of HVAC industry terminology a plus.
- Minimum of three years experience in boilers or HVAC, piping skills, pipefitting, assembly of boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels according to engineered drawing specifications or manuals, using power tools and hand-tools.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Have adequate vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Work in elevated areas and/or confined spaces.
- Climb and maintain balance on high ladders and scaffolds.
- Stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and walk for periods of time.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
Knowledge of Industrial & commercial safety, General Basic plus Safety, LOTO, working overhead, confined space entry, basic electricity safety.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Sales and Service Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks Sales and Service?
Cleaver-Brooks Sales and Service is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry with unmatched ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support essential to long-term performance. Our customers note we are the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, with a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. Also stated is our unique single-source capability, meaning delivery of fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is Cleaver Brooks Sales and Service focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks Sales and Service continues a 73+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.ID:uDnQdo