BOSC Plant Finance Senior Accounting Assistant
Cargill Meat Solutions
North Kingstown, RI
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Accounting Assistant will perform a variety of support tasks in the accounting and operations departments. In this role, you will support the accounting team of the company and conduct tasks using standard procedures.
- Executes day-to-day accounting operations required to support the business
- Ensure accurate reporting of plant reporting primarily focused on variances and inventories
- Be a champion of internal controls by maintaining awareness and analyzing processes to identify any fiduciary risks.
- Execute Plant Finance activities to provide insights into weekly operational metrics such as Yield, Inventory adjustments, Labor, and Overhead
- Partner closely with the local production management team to look for ways to improve key metrics and report out to Finance and BOSC leadership teams
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and challenge results.
- Collaborate and benchmark with other Protein finance professionals to share best practices and learnings.
- Analyze weekly results to identify opportunities in labor, packaging, and yields
- Analyze standard costs to ensure they are accurate and approximate standard plant performance
- Support the Finance function and local management with any assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Highly analytical, can bring insights and drive change
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance several assignments and meet deadlines.
- Meat industry experience.
- Cost accounting experience.
- Plant or manufacturing experience.
- Location: Rhode Island, North Kingstown.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.