Boston Whaler – Fiberglass Laminator
Sea Ray Boats, Inc.
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Fiberglass Laminator Profile
Want to join a winning team? Boston Whaler is growing, and we're looking for the best and most dedicated people to join our team. We are seeking highly motivated individuals, with a great attitude. Prior experience is not mandatory, but preferred. If you are eager to learn a new trade and like being challenged this position is right for you. We offer very competitive pay, an outstanding health and financial benefits package, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and the opportunity to build your career with Boston Whaler.
- Performs elementary and routine mix and lay-up of composite materials, fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto mold surface using various hand tools
- Works with various resins, gelcoats, fiberglass materials, foam, and structural adhesives
- Installs wood and other components into fiberglass hulls, decks, and small part molds
- Operates a variety of power tools including but not limited to saws, drills, grinders, and overhead hoists
- Locates parts by hand or by utilizing detailed blueprints, work instructions, tools, and/or fixtures
- Sanding of fiberglass hulls, decks, and small part molds.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements include respirators, gloves, chemical resistance aprons, and chemical resistant suits.
- Have the ability and desire to work in a hot and humid work environment especially in the Florida summer.
- Ability to work a 10+ hour shift standing, bending, reaching. As well as, climbing on and through stairs, molds, and staging throughout the duration of your shift.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment. The work location may be above 100 ambient degrees or below 10 ambient degrees in areas of production.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, noisy environment
- Have flexibility to work overtime both planned and unplanned to meet company goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must follow all safety standards and procedures; including chemical handling standards and Personal Protective Equipment
- Must adhere to all quality standards and adhere to new standards as processes evolve
- Must demonstrate record of dependability and reliability with prior work or professional experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with teams professional or otherwise
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to use hand, battery, and pneumatic tools
- Ability to work in close proximity to co-workers and work in areas with limited space
- Skills in forklift, overhead hoist, computer, fiberglass and/or gel-coat applications preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
Shifts: Must have the availability to work one or more of the shifts described below. Overtime may be required based on scheduling needs. Boston Whaler reserves the right to adjust shifts and work times as business needs evolve.
The following Day Shifts are available**: 4 days/10 hours a day
Sunday – Wednesday
Wednesday – Saturday
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
*Employees will receive a weekend shift differential when they work on either a Saturday or Sunday as part of their shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Boston Whaler:
For more than 50 years, Boston Whaler has been building superior quality unsinkable runabouts, cruisers and center console boats. Founded in 1958 and currently headquartered in Edgewater, FL, the company's unique foam-cored construction process contributes not only unsurpassed flotation, but superior ride characteristics and durability. The current product line ranges from 11- 42 feet and is distributed around the world by a network of exceptional dealers. For more information about The Unsinkable Legend, please visit www.bostonwhaler.com. Boston Whaler is owned by Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), the largest marine manufacturer in the world.
Apply online: http://www.BostonWhaler.com/careers
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.#Brunswick Corporation - Boston Whaler ID:uDnQdo