Brazing Engineer IV
Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration
Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
This engineer develops and applies advanced engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the planning and design of large, complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and direct projects or major phases of projects in areas such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly and material handling.
- Coordinate the efforts of engineers and technical support staff.
- Analyze, evaluate and plan methods of approach and organize the means to achieve solutions to complex technical problems.
- Establish and define the theoretical bases and principles that should apply, the empirical test procedures to be used and estimated time, expenses and manpower for completion.
- Conduct investigations or tests of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new manufacturing operations, major production activities, exploration of product and/or process problems, along with the definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.
- Investigate literature patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Review projects progress and evaluate results.
- Recommend corrections to ensure project objectives.
- Specify the equipment, materials and supplies required for completion and implementation of technical projects.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering. A master's degree is preferred. Requires at least 8 years related experience.Comprehension of practical applications of engineering science and technology. Expert use of analytical and CAD software. Requires expert knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Highly specialized expertise in mechanical and manufacturing theory and design. Effective in directing projects and providing work leadership. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.