Bridge Welding Team Lead
West Fargo, ND
POSITION: Bridge Welding Team Lead
SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm (OT as needed)
PAY RATE: $30.00 - $33.00+ per hour (DOE, Includes Lead Differential) + Full Benefit Package
LOCATION: West Fargo, ND
TrueNorth Steel is looking for a Welding Team Lead to direct and guide a Bridge Welding crew at its West Fargo location. If you are an experienced welder looking to set an example for your peers, this opportunity could be for you. As a Team Lead at TrueNorth Steel, you will play a role in achieving our mission while finding the job satisfaction you deserve. We stay true to our company values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment, and Confidence each and every day.
TrueNorth Steel offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off, among other benefits. If your values align with ours and you’re interested in furthering your welding career, apply with TrueNorth Steel today!
**All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen (No longer testing for THC/cannabis)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Actively work in your designated area (i.e. production floor, material handling)
- Directly supervise designated employees
- Perform/ Assist with employee engagement meetings/annual performance reviews for area of responsibility
- Direct and lead daily activities on shop floor for specified area
- Verify employees accurately clock in/out of jobs and time is correct in Shop-Trak
- Verify employees have accurately clocked in/out in time and attendance
- Consult with Shop Supervisor and approve PTO for designated employees
- Train and assist employees on Shop-Trak
- Oversee quality and safety for area
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Promote company’s core values
- Mentor and train new and existing employees to be safe and productive
- Prompt and dependable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Leadership skills to positively impact those they are leading
- Training and experience in personnel management
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of complex tasks
- Mastered all aspects of a Welder 1 and Welder 2 position
- Qualified to weld on all products required for the facility
- Applies extensive knowledge and skill to complete a wide range of tasks
- Understand complex drawings and diagrams
- Accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Be dependable and trustworthy.
- Embrace and demonstrate the qualities of the TrueNorth Steel Game Changer definition.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of welding experience preferred
- Bridge fabrication experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred