Building Maintenance Supervisor
Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
East Providence, RI
WPRI-TV in East Providence, RI, has an opening for a Building Maintenance Supervisor. This person will assist and conduct daily facility building operational functions and maintenance.
- Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other general maintenance requirements of facilities
- Provide seasonal outdoor care including some raking of leaves, trimming shrubs, and other services needed including snow removal with plow, snow blower or shovel.
- Clean common areas and workspaces including restrooms and maintenance garage when needed
- Assist Chief Engineer with supervising onsite contracted work
- Follow safety regulations and procedures including safety operating vehicles and machinery
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- May require working overnights and weekends.
Requirements & Skills:
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Broad experience of general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Proficient in operating equipment including hand tools, power tools and commercial machinery
- Ability to work outdoors year round
- Computer skills including Microsoft office
- Basic communication and writing skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Position often requires working in confined spaces, frequent climbing of ladders, and frequent lifting of heavy objects.