Bulk Facility Laborer
Consolidated Grain & Barge Co.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and nearly 2,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!Are you a person that prefers your work environment to be the outdoors? Do you want to work with great people, in a company that cares about you? If so, this is the job that you are looking for!
This job is primarily responsible for working at facilities that unload barges of bulk and/or break bulk products. This job performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform deckhand responsibilities e.g., properly securing barges, reading drafts, opening, closing, removing and placement of lids, tying off barges, etc.
- Operate a skid loader inside of barge during final stage of barge unloading process.
- Set up and perform the operation of conveyor system(s), where applicable.
- Ensure the correct product is directed to the correct storage area, where applicable.
- Perform clean-up of barge once unload is completed by sweeping and/or shoveling.
- Perform the loading of railcars and trucks to specifications, where applicable.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment and perform PM, where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned; including assisting in the general housekeeping of entire work area.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred – 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Able to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and balance.
Ability to safely walk and work on barge surface(s) and around barge rigging with ability to work around deep water.
Ability to walk safely on top of railcars, open gates, operate vibrators etc., where applicable.
Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Ability to climb ladders and perform work at significant heights.
Ability to grasp and reach frequently.
Able to perform work in confined spaces.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses peripheral vision and depth perception for tasks being performed.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.ID:uDnQdo