Burning & Crane Specialist – 2nd Shift – O’Neal Manufacturing Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations for specific overhead crane.
- Complete crane certification for shop employees.
- Operate multiple burning machines when required.
- Train employees on various burning tables.
- Commitment to and support of the safety and quality programs.
- Second: 3:30pm-2:00am Monday-Thursday
- Fridays reserved for overtime when necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
- Three (3) to five (5)+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Certified to operate specific cranes.
- Ability to run all burning tables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with Epicor system required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use and influence organization’s policies, standards and procedures guiding manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site.
- Knowledge of the existing and planned approaches and methods for manufacturing products or product components.
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility.
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Knowledge of tooling required for machines.
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead crane utilizing pendant, radio controls.
- Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- Ability to adjust and/or replace expendable tooling, guides, jigs, fixtures and consumables.
- Ability to take accurate measurements of material and select appropriate machine for the process.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of hand tools such as: hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder, and bander.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as: tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper, and micrometer.
- Ability to be a self-starter that can take direction and work in a high-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Speak, write and comprehend conversational English.
- Basic knowledge of CNC programming as it relates to both Windows and operating systems for all burning machines.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Community Service Day
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
At O’Neal Manufacturing Services (OMS), we build things! As an O’Neal Industries affiliate company, we are a leader in the fabrication of steel and metal products that shape the world in which we live in. Our culture is driven by honesty, integrity and respect. We set high expectations for ourselves in providing a safe and diverse work environment. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic company to build your career, visit onealmfg.com/careers to learn more!
OMS Pittsburgh supplies parts for trains, forklifts, construction equipment and more! Located on the northwest side of Ambridge, OMS Pittsburgh is home to a variety of equipment, including: lasers, oxy burners, machining centers, welding, and forming tools.