SRI International has an opening for a Business Analyst, located near an office in Menlo Park, CA, Ann Arbor, MI, Boulder, CO or Princeton, NJ to work a hybrid schedule, or a fully remote schedule in the US. They will collect, analyze, and interpret project and contract data for actionable decisions. This position is within the Advanced Technology and System Division’s (ATSD) Project Management Office (PMO).
The vision of ATSD is to create competitive advantages for our customers by inventing new technology and concepts resulting in disruptive, low cost, and high-performance solutions. The division advances the state of the art in diverse areas such as radar and electronic warfare; novel imaging technology; robotics; quantum sensing and metrology; marine technology; and applied optics. The PMO enhances communications, keeps routine tasks routine, and optimizes technical discovery at scale.
The successful candidate will:
- Work independently to routinely deliver high quality results.
- Interact with both technical and business focused teams.
- Approach challenges with a solutions-based mindset and master new tasks quickly.
- Thrive on open collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate project performance data using SRI’s online software systems.
- Analyze trends providing insight into unusual project performance.
- Monitor timeliness of project deliverables across entire PMO portfolio.
- Identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk.
- Ensure follow-up so that analysis and reporting outcomes are reviewed and implemented.
- Assist in creation of effective processes and routines for data driven decision making.
- Develop and maintain timely project performance reports for internal reviews and audits.
- Consult with business, functional, and technical staff to forecast project resources.
- Work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical staff to address internal and external customer requests.
- Assist with monitoring and staff training in the use of corporate online systems including forecasts, purchase orders, and project data repositories.
- Provide suggestions that influence changes to improve reporting accuracy within our systems and processes.
- Support additional business and project data analysis requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Proven increasing responsibilities is a plus.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- SharePoint and Power Automate workflow creation is a plus.
- Proficient with Costpoint, MicroStrategy, or Workday Adaptive Planning.
- Proven Excel power user: Lookups, Tables & Charts, Pivot Tables, Index & Match, Multi-Cell Formulas, Named Ranges, Conditional Formatting, Data Validation. (VBA and Macro authoring is a plus).
- Capacity to support multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to change focus as priorities shift.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ensure high quality through attention to details and requirements.
- Working knowledge of program/project management software: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, or Smartsheet.
- Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, or DMAIC principles.
- PMP or CAPM certification or desire to obtain.
The salary range is: $66,896-$110,800. Salary ranges will vary and are based on several factors, including geographic location, market competitiveness and equity amongst internal employees in similar roles. Positions may also qualify for SRI's Pay for Outstanding Performance program or the annual Performance Based Compensation program. SRI also has a competitive benefits package, to view details please go to https://www.sri.com/resources/benefits/.
SRI International, an over 75-year strong pioneering research institute, has a rich history supporting government and industry. Our innovations have created new industries, billions of dollars in market value and lasting benefits to society. SRI is organized around broad disciplines and capabilities, with research and development divisions and labs to groups who excel at identifying new opportunities, developing products and creating custom solutions. Our organization is driven by impact - delivering unique solutions for the world's important challenges and transforming ideas into reality for clients and partners.