Hearst Communications, Inc.
Role Overview: In this technical role you will collaborate with development leads, account managers, and clients with the purpose of designing, building, documenting and testing solutions for data interchange and business processes. You must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for producing significant and high-quality documentation artifacts; and a sound working understanding of IT concepts and the IT design & delivery life cycle.
- Support system and business change processes from requirements through implementation and provide input based on analysis of information
- Documents functional specifications and provides faster turnarounds for documents.
- Work with internal stakeholders for regular reviews on documents and incorporates feedback on a timely basis
- Create user guides, release notes and other supporting documentation
- Support daily business queries on projects
- Collaborate with team to achieve business objectives, performing other duties and functions as assigned
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyze information needs and documentation needed.
- Initiate JAD sessions and collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders including developers
- Translating requirements into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications with all teams and client
- Review and approve requirement, design specifications, physical solution design, functional requirements, prototypes, and system testing.
- Negotiation and Cost-Benefit analysis insights and should have experience in creation of reports and Dashboards
- Create Visio flows and Data flow diagrams for technical projects and should be able to create data API mappings.
- Document issues, resolutions and write specific requirements for system changes and troubleshooting issues to ensure issues as identified, tracked, and reported on and resolved in a timely manner, including the creation of test scenarios, testing data and understanding of outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but will consider combination of experience and education
- Must have healthcare background – preferably with knowledge of pharmacy operations, Medicare or Medicaid
- Critical Thinking and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-6 years of previous experience working as a Business Analyst in Agile/Waterfall methodology and drafting of requirement documentation, and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- HealthCare experience is required.
- Technical Documentation experience is required.
- Knowledge in SQL, Microsoft Visio, relational databases, ALM, JIRA ticketing
- Must be able to construct and execute SQL queries for data, technical and quality analysis
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced Client centric service setting
- Experience in Systems Development Methodology knowledge/experience (i.e. SDLC, EDGE, and CMMI).
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Visio, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Programming Languages is a plus
- Hybrid - Candidate may need to work 1-2 days onsite in our Tampa office weekly or bi-weekly for team collaboration as necessary
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us by email at [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address and the email address cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.