Business Development Associate – Security Solutions
Are you a dynamic and driven individual with a passion for security solutions? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your strategic thinking and relationship-building skills can shine? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a Business Development Associate to identify and develop strategic relationships with potential customers and introduce strategic supplier opportunities. You will assist Sales in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct and indirect customer contact and lead prospecting. You will partner with Marketing, Sales, Category Management and Product Development teams to implement business development initiatives. This role will be Hybrid out of one of the following branches: Glenview, Illinois / Atlanta, Georgia / Lexington, Kentucky / Philadelphia, PA or Roseville, California!
- Coordinates with Sales, Marketing and Category Management to identify customer lead opportunities and follow a process for developing those leads into potential opportunities.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative business development pipeline analysis and ongoing status to management.
- Develops and utilizes qualitative and quantitative tools to develop tactical and strategical customer business case, including revenue potential, probability for conversion, costs, risks, and benefits.
- Facilitates and maintains relationships with the business unit Sales, Marketing and Category Management teams to ensure on-going cultivation of robust pipeline of opportunities established by management.
- Responsible for creating and distributing monthly reports summarizing business development and integration activities.
- Enhances and maintains standardized approach for collecting information on business profiles including financial background for presenting strategic acquisitions and joint venture candidates to management.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Requires knowledge and experience in financial service/business development (2-3 years).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to perform basic computer skills
- Analytical skills in finance and accounting, including proficiency in analyzing financial statements and completing financial models.
- Ability to lead the implementation of small to medium scale projects. Capable of facilitating meetings and developing detail-oriented quality deliverables in support of various business development initiatives.
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate, written and verbal, and interact with all levels of personnel within organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to concurrently manage moderately complex and parallel projects that include multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to Identify and clarify/define problems and possible solutions independently.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision, while establishing priorities of others in one or more department, including exercising judgment to make decisions within scope of assigned authority
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The expected salary range for this role is $56,100- $89,800. This is the salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s compensation level within the range will be based on several factors, including but not limited to geographic location, experience, relevant education, qualifications, skills, organizational needs, and performance. This position may be eligible to participate in the company’s incentive plan. Wesco provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, disability insurance, 401k Plan, and Paid Time Off.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.