Business Ops Anst II
Hill AFB, UT
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is seeking multiple exceptional, Executive Assistants (EAs) for an exciting opportunity supporting the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), the Sentinel (Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent [GBSD]) Program.
Tell me about this job. These Executive Assistants will directly support Sentinel Air Force Senior Leaders at Hill AFB, UT and report to the BAE Systems’ Division Team Lead. EAs will work with a highly skilled team, providing critical, direct customer support and expertise. This position will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, data collection, data management, measuring/monitoring performance, schedule management, planning, updating government systems, and reporting program status internally to program management.
Duties also include providing support to branch managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities. This position may also perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate reports, information papers, and organizational briefings for the government
- Assist in coordinating, consolidating, analyzing, distributing, and monitoring action items, and tracking suspenses and responses.
- Prepare agendas, schedule meetings, maintain calendars, and conference room schedules.
- Assist with development and implementation of program schedules and project plans
- Use government travel systems to ensure travel is efficiently scheduled
- Plan and execute organizational activities for both internal and external agencies
- Determine customer requirements and translate these requirements into organizational plans
- Analyze business and technical processes to develop and implement new and modified processes and policies
- Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
Why BAE Systems? BAE Systems is the third largest defense contractor in the world with an exceptional, mission-focused culture. The 800+ BAE Systems employees and sub-contractors located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah are closely aligned to the United States Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center. We support the Center in sustaining the existing LGM-30 Minuteman III (MM III) weapon system and acquiring its replacement, the Sentinel. We are a uniquely-valued mission partner delivering daily technical excellence and innovative solutions to our government customers. BAE Systems has earned accolades as a “Top Workplace” in Utah based on employee feedback for three consecutive years, earning special distinction for providing a healthy work-life balance for our valued employees. We work very hard to ensure this is a great place to work!
Why Utah? You’ve got to see it to believe it! Utah is an amazing state with diverse geography, an eclectic culture, and an exceptional quality of life. We are located north of Salt Lake City at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. The area offers an incredible range of outdoors pursuits across the seasons including hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing, camping, boating and world-class skiing at resorts that hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. The state is home to five amazing National Parks and an easy drive from two more; Grand Teton and, famously, the first National Park in the world, Yellowstone. The Salt Lake City area offers a vast array of cultural activities and businesses including multiple professional sports teams. It is a western states hub for exceptional, cutting-edge medical care with people traveling from across the region for a range of nationally renowned specialty care centers and doctors. The Salt Lake International Airport is expanding and offers easy, direct access to just about anywhere you want to fly.
Why Sentinel? The Sentinel Program is an enormous and complex “Mega-Project” modernizing the entire ICBM weapon system deployed across tens of thousands of square miles in five states. Without any doubt, Sentinel is one of the DoD’s most important acquisition efforts for the next decade, if not longer. It includes a complete refurbishment of hundreds of aging Minuteman III ICBM facilities to secure and support a newly designed, technologically advanced ballistic missile. It will also provide an entirely new command and control system as well as vast array of required support equipment specifically engineered to operate and sustain the new weapon system over the decades ahead. Sentinel is the Department of Defense’s newest official “program of record,” having just achieved Milestone B. It enjoys broad, strong support at the national level. It is a long-term project -- the weapon system will deploy over a nine-year period beginning in approximately 2026, and remain operational until at least 2075. Sentinel is a career-defining program that will present unique and challenging opportunities that simply are not available with smaller projects.
Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success this year and for years to come.
Pursuant to Government contract, this position requires US Citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- 3 years' experience in specialty area
- Proactive person with a positive attitude and a “team player” mentality
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative
- Possess an ability to organize daily tasks with acute attention to detail and minimal to no supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project), Adobe and/or other common business applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals
- A fast learner with demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to emerging requirements
- Excellent customer service skills (Trusted and reliable, prompt and attentive)
- Strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks and manage multiple responsibilities
- Able to prioritize workloads effectively
- Must have current DoD Secret security clearance or higher (adjudicated within the past 6 years), and be eligible to obtain and maintain a minimum Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Prior military experience as an Executive Officer or Personnelist supporting a senior military officer in command position (Lt Col/O-5 or higher) or a senior civil service director or division chief
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Experience and proficiency with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with government contract requirements including contract deliverables
- Familiarity and experience with DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution process
- Experience with complex organizations and working with other business teams
- Prior experience with DoD Acquisitions Programs and/or weapons systems
- Prior experience with ICBM programs
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience