Business Process Analyst II
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity in Poway, California for a driven, organized, and analytically minded Business Process Analyst (BPA) for the Design Assurance Team within the Mechanical Engineering Department of GA-ASI. The Design Assurance Team manages design controls activities for Engineering, as well as milestone and deliverables management for Mechanical Engineering. Governing business processes include those required to show compliance to AS9100 and department management metrics regarding deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, validates and develops business and technical process requirements. Develops systems requirements, techniques, and controls. Participates in implementation efforts and requirements
- Represents business unit with project management, users, and customers.
- Develops and manages business and user requirement specifications. Ensures consistency, traceability, feasibility and completeness. Recommends process improvement.
- Develops hard copy and electronic reports as required. Utilizes analysis models, prototypes and scenarios.
- Participates in the development and implementation of requirement practices and processes and the development of engineering policies, procedures and tools.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related field and three or more years of experience as a business process analyst working with computerized management systems to include, but not limited to, product life cycle systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a good knowledge of business process/life cycle management principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: the ability to use independent judgment in developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity; good verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; good interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and, good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.