Business Systems Analyst II
San Diego, CA
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
GA adopted the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (‘BPC’) solutions and is looking to appoint a resource to support SAP BPC, HANA and EPM reporting to assist in the administration and support of the solution in a business partner role. The successful candidate will be a finance system customer oriented professional and be an in-house subject matter expert for the SAP BPC solutions, HANA and EPM reporting across all of GA&A.
In this opportunity the right candidate will be part of a team composed of three members in total that reports to the home office FP&A group. Although the member is in the FP&A team this is a role that will experience ITs practices supporting consolidation and planning system configurations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, development and implementation of EPM reports across all of GA&A.
- Performs high quality testing of new implementations and ensures reports are developed.
- Performs finance planning and consolidation system administration/configuration and master data maintenance procedures for core business planning processes in BPC, acts as the senior/experienced point of contact and subject matter expert across the enterprise.
- Maintain SAP BPC system calculations on SAP HANA.
- Maintain SAP BPC data loads.
- Maintain SAP BPC conversion and transformation files.
- Maintain a space (BPC Portal) to receive all the BPC documentation that can be accessed by the BPC community.
- Contributes creative and innovative ideas for finance system improvements.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to resolve reported issues and enhancement requests.
- Works with IT infrastructure, security, change management and operational procedures.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and three or more years experience with a general knowledge of the department's business practices, techniques, standards and related software/hardware, and computer systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Three or more years of technical experience working with computerized financial systems related (projects implementation and/or support) preferred.
- Preferred previous working knowledge experience in SAP BPC v10.1 NetWeaver, HANA Calculation Views, Excel and EPM reporting. If not is desired experience with OneStream, Oracle EPM, Anaplan, SQL, VBA, Python or equivalent.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency is expected or ability to learn quick.
- Adaptable team worker with ‘ownership’ collaborative approach.
- Attention to detail and to comprehend complex requirements.
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills and ability to think and act independently. A business system analyst passionate for finding patterns and solution.
- Desired to have experience in developing and coordinating the development of reports from business systems.
- Customer Focus: Strong customer service skills, empathy, and a customer-centric mindset.
- Innovation: Creativity, problem-solving, and a willingness to think differently.
- Quality: Attention to detail, commitment to delivering high-quality work, and a strong work ethic.
- Collaboration: Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Continuous Learning: Adaptability, a growth mindset, and a passion for learning new technologies and skills.
- Data-Driven Approach: Analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to make data-informed decisions.
- Time management: Being able to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills are crucial for effective collaboration, customer support, and presenting ideas clearly.