Business Systems Analyst
Kenco Logistic Services
About the Position
The Business Systems Analyst I will be responsible for but not limited to supporting all hardware and software issues. Provide escalated technical software and hardware problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Assist with various types of computer issues, from minor glitches in a new program to major problems with computer viruses and system crashes, provide one-on-one end-user training as needed. Provide resolutions for issues relatively complex in nature, including thorough follow-up support and closure, as well as educating the customer/user on system capabilities, and perform other related work as assigned.
- Learn and support all company-specific software solutions.
- Installs, troubleshoots and develops technical solutions for all hardware and software issues related to computer equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with all Kenco systems.
- Resolve escalated issues related to operating systems updates, patches and configuration changes on a regular basis.
- Identifies, diagnose and resolve escalated problems related to software, hardware, internet, etc. and communicate solutions to users
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and action taken, and installation activities within the Kenco specified ticketing database.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Documents procedures and solutions for help desk issues.
- Answering both technical and non-technical questions for users.
- Making recommendations on areas of process improvement.
- Assists with Reporting solution, providing analytical queries and tools for operational management as needed.
- Assists in supporting site intranet.
- Performs basic computer and RF repairs and work station integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
- Technical experience with Warehouse Management or Order Management systems required.
- Experience using shipping software such as a TMS, Parcel or other carrier application preferred.
Beginning to moderate SQL skillset. Experience with DB2 SQL, or MySQL preferred.
Experience working with File Transfer Protocol and API communication methods is preferred.
Beginning XML skillset helpful but not required.
Experience with PHP and HTML is helpful but not required.
· Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
· Communicate for Impact - Proactively communicate with all stakeholders throughout the life cycle of programs and projects.
· Influencing Others - Can quickly find common ground and can solve problems for the good of the organization with a minimal amount of noise. Authentically gains trust and support of peers.
· Managing Transitions/ Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
· Strategic Agility - Enable Kenco to remain competitive by adjusting and adapting to innovative ideas necessary to support Kenco’s long-term organizational strategy.
- This position is expected to travel on rare occasions.
- A passport is not required, but recommended.