Buyer, Foodservice Experienced
Performance Food Group
Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Coordinate and identify suppliers of product, negotiate price and quantity terms and establish long-term contracts to ensure adequate supply of high quality products for Foodservice Distribution at competitive prices. Maintain established service levels for product in-stock. Assist with special order requests. May assist with training. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Select vendors based upon their ability to provide a continuous supply of product; overall service level; responsiveness to the market as shown through product innovation; quality and value of product; relationships with competitors; and their understanding of the marketplace.
- Maintain relationships with vendors by resolving problems with invoicing, product, or delivery to ensure quality service and longevity of relationships.
- Select product based upon application to our market, product performance, alternate sources of supply, and overall reputation of vendor.
- Negotiate prices and quantities ordered based upon customer orders, economic order point (volume discount vs. efficient utilization of warehousing space), promotion of product, and overall market conditions.
- Negotiate long-term contracts based upon same considerations and need for continuous supply.
- Service distribution centers for emergency situations through obtaining product and delivery on an expedient basis.
- Provides product and pricing information to sales force and make recommendations regarding pricing structure for product lines based upon volume and margin considerations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma or Equivalent
2 +years purchasing high volume food products -protein, fruits, vegetables, dairy or related.
Preferred QualificationsBachelors: Business, supply chain or related area
4-6 years Procurement experience within foodservice industry experience -High volume protein/produce experience-.
Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP)
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.