IMS Global Gear & Machining
Downers Grove, IL
Position Title: BUYER I
IMS Global Gear & Machining
2500 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL
Pay Rate: Up to $19 an hour based on expertise and experience
“Our employees are our biggest assets. We treat them with dignity and respect”
IMS Global Gear and Machining corporation overview:
Global Gear & Machining was established in 1991 as a high-volume precision gear manufacturer, which initially produced products serving applications in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry. As a result of a continual focus on diversification, quality, and the expansion of manufacturing technology through strategic investments, Global Gear has expanded its capabilities to include precision gear grinding/polishing, shaping, gun drilling, and balancing serving customers in a variety of industries. These investments have provided the path for Global Gear to produce a wide variety of products for applications in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, marine, fracking, agriculture, and automotive industries. Now in its third decade of business, Global Gear further expanded its technical capabilities in gear shaping and grinding through significant capital investments and continues to invest in new technologies and processes. Global Gear was acquired by IMS Companies in 2002. IMS is a diversified group of companies positioned with the size, scale, and reach necessary to provide innovative solutions for its customers through custom manufacturing and the development of proprietary products. IMS serves a wide array of industries including the appliance, automotive, commercial vehicle, communications, consumer, electronics, medical, and various industrial markets
This position is responsible for the procurement of materials and supplies to meet company objectives and customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Create, Prepare PO’s for maintenance dept, engineering, office supplies, and packaging material. MRO-Indirect
- Prepare and send new purchase orders to suppliers as needed. Prototype’s, Production. Direct material
- Contacts and resolves supplier discrepancies with quantity, price, delivery date and quality.
- Expedite past due purchase orders.
- Review purchase requisitions & place PO’s for those REQ’s.
- Maintain, supportive, good relationships with suppliers.
- Assist the Materials Manager with material reports, supplier reports, on time delivery reports and other daily reporting
- Update and maintain ERP/MRP system.
- Interface with all departments to resolve problems and issues as necessary.
- Adhere to Quality Policy & Objectives.
- Create & Update work instructions.
- Support ITAF & ISO documents and spreadsheets
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in ERP system Epicor is a huge plus
** - ISO 9001/2015 & IATF 16949
** - ERP Epicor E10
** - Applicable W.I. and procedures
-** Problem Solving Tools
– Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field preferred
– At least 1-3 years procurement experience in manufacturing environment
**Benefits:**401(k) profit sharing plan with employer contributions, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Paid ½ hour lunch, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
**Prime Location:**We are located minutes away from Highway 355 off of Ogden ave. in Downers Grove and close to Belmont Metra train station.ID:uDnQdo