San Diego, CA
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to work within our Procurement team located in San Diego, CA.
Under general direction with limited review, this position is responsible for purchasing commercial-off-the-shelf software products, professional services, and software maintenance services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes expertise in acquiring commercial-off-the-shelf software products, professional services, and software maintenance services.
- Purchases complex hardware, software, and implementation services necessary to support a contract, subcontract, or internal customers.
- Validates purchase requisitions, selects or recommends suppliers, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Maintains an awareness of available or potential suppliers and reviews and evaluates their operations to validate cost, quality, reliability, and ability to meet schedule and price requirements.
- Interacts with project personnel, program management and customer representatives.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance.
- Coordinates competitive and sole source procurements to meet required purchase dates and prepares required support documentation.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers' bids.
- Performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Conducts major procurement negotiations involving agreements on terms and conditions as well as prices and schedules.
- Participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- May represent the organization as the primary purchasing contact on assigned contracts/subcontracts.
- May make presentations as required.
- May provide advice to professional or technical staff on purchasing matters.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP, and other applications.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline along with six or more years of progressive professional purchasing experience. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have demonstrated experience in purchasing concepts and principles, extensive knowledge of contract construction, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements, and the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Must be knowledgeable in software licensing, renewals, enterprise and cloud agreement.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to provide solutions to a range of complex purchasing problems; (2) strong communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, and customers; (4) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced purchasing staff on projects; and, (6) strong computer skills.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Limited travel may be required.
- US Citizenship required