Stolle Machinery, LLC
North Canton, OH
Stolle Machinery Company, LLC is seeking motivated individuals to join a world-class manufacturer of two-piece can machinery and high speed equipment. Stolle offers innovation and sense of purpose by allowing employees to be creative within a team oriented environment. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, PPE reimbursement, 401k, company paid LTD/STD, company paid life and AD&D insurance, paid holidays and more! Stolle is currently seeking a Buyer to join the organization. We are looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
JOB SUMMARY :
Purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Purchase raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
• Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
• Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
• Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
• Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
• Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
• Four year college degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business preferred with 5+ years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent amount in a combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to effectively negotiate price, delivery and terms to meet quality requirements and production schedule timelines.
• Sound working knowledge of machining operations, machine tools and equipment, metals, castings and various other raw materials.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, GD&T, engineering specifications and bills of material.
• Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and ERP system experience. IFS experience a plus.
• Must have a good understanding of inventory management techniques including safety stock, carrying costs and obsolescence.
• Must be a able to succeed in a dynamic, high change environment.
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Work schedule generally consists of 40-50 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
• Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 20 pounds.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Additionally, Stolle Machinery Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.