Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Job Description, BUYER - Polyisocyanurate Thermal insulation (ISO) Plant
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
GAF is searching for a Buyer to support the construction, commissioning and operations of a
greenfield ISO roofing plant. During plant construction and commissioning, the Buyer will coordinate
equipment purchases and contractor agreements. After commissioning, the Buyer will coordinate
purchases of equipment and materials working in conjunction with corporate Supply Chain
ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Work with Corporate/Plant Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting and Plant
management to support and in accordance with the Purchasing strategy for plant
● Responsible for managing the relationships with key partners (vendors and suppliers)
negotiating cost and service. This individual will coordinate with Corporate Purchasing
Managers to ensure alignment with Corporate contracts and ordering to maximize value
● Ensure all requisitions are entered and created before vendor purchases.
● Qualify and maintain all contractors, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place as
required per policy. This includes properly structuring purchase orders to improve the
invoicing process and limit changes.
● Identify and participate in cost savings initiatives using competitive bidding,strategic
purchasing, negotiations, and drive service improvements. Use data of past spend to
identify opportunities to negotiate volume pricing. Work with vendors to set-up and
manage vendor catalogs.
● Assist with month-end close by researching delivery discrepancies and/or receiving
issues, past due invoices, invoice issues and vendor credits are received as appropriate.
● Coordinate RFQs, RFIs and RFPs as required.
● May prepare and execute, in conjunction with the Legal Department and Corporate
Purchasing, supply agreements which fully protect the Company against missed
deliveries, shortages and outages, poor material quality and other performance issues
that could affect production. Work in conjunction with Maintenance/Engineering to
develop Statements of Work that will protect GAF and their interests.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Logistics/Supply Chain.
● 3+ years of relevant experience in procurement for a high volume manufacturing operation.
● Understanding of purchasing processes in a manufacturing setting.
● Experience with ERP systems (PeopleSoft, File Bridge, Maximo, etc.)
● Ability to interpret the content and terms of vendor proposals.
● Experience with contract negotiations is preferred.
● Working knowledge of Inventory Management Systems and processes , such as FIFO, LIFO,
WIP, Physical counts, Cycle counts, and process controls.
● Proven work history that demonstrates successful accomplishments of working
collaboratively with others.
● Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading.
● Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
● Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, crawling, and balancing.
● Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
● Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
No of direct reports: n/a
No of indirect reports: n/a
Budget Responsibility: n/a
Travel Requirements: <20%