McConway & Torley, LLC
Arcosa, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, TX, is a growth-oriented manufacturer of infrastructure-related products and services with leading positions in construction, energy, and transportation markets.
At Arcosa, we are unified in our commitment to build a better world. To accomplish our vision, we advance a safety-focused and Environmental/Social/Governance-driven culture by remaining steadfast to our Value Statements:
- We are committed to being Innovative, Focused & Results Oriented.
- We act with integrity by remaining Principled, Honest and Fair.
- We make things happen by being Agile, Driven and Passionate.
- We win together by being Collaborative, Dedicated and United.
Arcosa Traffic Structures is currently looking to hire a Buyer for our Sumterville, FL plant. In this role, the Buyer will perform supply chain and logistics functions. Responsibilities will also include creating integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics and outside suppliers. The Buyer will focus resources on continuous improvement of materials movement through various production processes and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals.
What you'll do:
- Control the Estimated Checkbook daily; utilizing this as a guide to remain within budgeted/forecasted limit
- Coordinate incoming movement of purchased products to ensure material availability and delivery when needed to meet production schedules – production and facilities
- Compile data on order volume, forecasts and apply statistical methods to estimate future materials requirements
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers
- Prepare and process purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and/or supplies
- Correct and research past billings for A/P
- Plan, schedule and monitor inbound movement of materials from suppliers
- Determine material requirements and coordinate the efficient movement of materials for Maintenance with authorized purchase order requisitions
- Develop specifications for new contract orders
- Match purchase orders to receiving receipts and store for appropriate amount of time according to policy
- Coordinate or exchange information with external and internal associate across all disciplines
- Manage P-Card function to include monthly reporting
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 - 4 years of related experience OR equivalent work experience
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- 2 - 4 years of procurement experience within a manufacturing setting
- APICS Certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy manufacturing environment