Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Summary of Job Purpose:
- The Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
- Under the functional supervision of the production manager, Buyer planner is responsible for planning and buying the right material at the right quantity, at the right time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast, Kanban card and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Expedite or defer Purchase orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation, material lead times and company objectives.
- Manage and release Production Order upon signal/system for internal & external demand, including Customer Returned Material Authorization (RMA).
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage the inter-company flow or materials between warehouse locations.
- Support all supply chain task of the Material Review Board (MRB) process.
- Maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks).
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer - Required
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Able to influence others & manage conflict
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Extremely high standards of excellence
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Office / Supply Chain
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Salary Range:$49,830.00 - $83,270.00
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.