Byram Healthcare – Verifier, Associate
Owens & Minor
Salt Lake City, UT
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
The representative is to service the needs of our customers by accurately verifying insurance coverage, performing administrative activities associated with maintenance of medical documentation and medical records. Including but not limited to verifying coverage, benefits, and authorization/referral requirements.
• Answer questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies and physician offices
• Make outbound calls to obtain appropriate documentation for reimbursement of orders shipped
• Utilize resources to identify and resolve customer issues or reimbursement discrepancies
• Ability to verify customer benefits via phone, fax, and web portal
• Ability to submit authorizations or pre-certification request to multi-state payers over multiple platforms.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, teammates, healthcare professionals, and sales team
• Reviews and approves documentation received by third parties for submission to payors for reimbursement
• Effectively document activities in ERP system in an accurate and timely manner
• Consistently meet and attain required Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 1-2 years of customer service experience required
• Relative reimbursement and/or billing and collections experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and the ability to navigate multiple platforms
• Ability to learn Byram products and therapies.
• Strong analytical and time management skills.
• Familiar with medical terminology and insurances HCPCS/ICD-10 codes
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions and guidelines.
• Ability to triage priorities and meet daily and weekly deadlines
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.ID:uDnQdo