Intertek is searching for a Calibration/Metrology Technician to join our Building & Construction team in our York, PA office.
The Technician will be responsible for calibrating, documenting, and understanding the procedures for dimensional, mechanical, thermal, and unique building construction test equipment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office, and an understanding of equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, pressure gauges, and scales. A plus if knowledge of electronics, electrical, pressure sensors, temperature & humidity sensors, measurement uncertainty, and ISO 17025 requirements. A Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) or a Certified Quality role are also a plus.
You will be interacting with the Department Manager, Laboratory Supervisor, colleagues, and clients. Previous calibration experience not required but an eagerness to learn, strong work ethic, and good work attitude are required. Expected travel is approximately 25%, including overnight stays. Hours are M-F, 8a – 5p with competitive benefits including 4 weeks PTO and 10 paid holidays!
What you’ll do:
- Execute in-house and external on-site calibrations of equipment
- Take full responsibility for projects as assigned
- Support troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Review and thoroughly understand calibration procedures to ensure repeatability
- Coordinate testing scheduled with the department manager and lab supervisor to optimize efficiency and client satisfaction
- Prepare and submit accurate and concise reports on all projects assigned
- Invoice for all assigned projects
- Identify opportunities for continual process improvement
- Follow and support quality standards and safety requirements
- Other duties as assigned
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree in a technical field preferred
- CCT and/or CQT certifications are a plus
- Ability to perform match functions, including algebra
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards and procedures
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in building construction
- Expected to travel based on the needs of the business, occasional overnight travel required
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to follow direction and work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend down, climb ladders and reach over-head
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required)
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.ID:uDnQdo