Cajun Deep Foundations, LLC
More information about this job
The Carpenter is responsible for designing, constructing, erecting, installing, and repairing structures and other items of wood, plywood, and wallboard with the use of pneumatic and electric power tools. Will fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and/or adhesives, and does a final check of their work to ensure accuracy. Must have knowledge of advanced layout, use of simon forms, layout of anchor bolts, material takeoff from drawings, and safety requirements for building work. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and also learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Read and interpret blueprints/sketches, and complete reports
- Instruct laborers and other construction trade helpers
- Build and set forms, use level instrument, tie rebar, build scaffold, finish carpentry work, read tape/ruler, set screeds, install batter boards, and operate various hand and power tools
- Inspect areas and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Reading and writing comprehension is necessary for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy
- Ability to use math/complete calculations
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details