Carrier Procurement Representative
Rich Products Corp.
ROAR Logistics, Inc. is a global transportation service provider (3PL) and U.S. Customhouse Brokerage, offering an extensive portfolio of Rail, Ocean, Air, and Road services to aid clients in the delivery of their products around the world. ROAR utilizes state-of-the-art technology to coordinate, manage and track shipments from point of origin to final destination. ROAR delivers best in class customer service and support with comprehensive operations in major markets throughout the world.
Have you been in the transportation industry for a year or two and looking to make your next move? ROAR Logistics is looking to add new team members to our office in Chandler, AZ. ROAR is a family-owned company with a great culture and benefits. Come join our Family!
• Source (new and existing) carriers to build a pipeline/network for supporting ROAR customers and to pre-plan the use of carrier equipment for efficiency.
• Analyze market trends through load history, carrier contact, and industry-related publications to better understand the marketplace and what affects rates to make informed buying decisions.
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with carriers to expand fleet usage.
• Aggressive rate negotiations with carrier partners to hit target booking prices.
• Required to make a high volume of outbound calls to capture truckload capacity via business directories, load boards, contact lists, leads, referrals, carrier lists, relationships, etc.
• Gather Carriers’ daily and weekly truckload capacity/availability to upload into our TMS.
• Understand and execute ROAR’s carrier set-up and compliance procedures and guidelines.
• Dispatch drivers with a high-level of detail and input all pertinent driver/shipment details into the TMS system and continue monitoring, communicating and updating until completion.
• Be a problem-solver and solutions-provider, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions to all customers, carriers, and ROAR associates.
• Other tasks as assigned by the ROAR Management team.
• High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
• Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Email System
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced, dead-line driven, stressful environment. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at [email protected] if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.