Case Dock Laborer
Dairy Farmers of America
- The Case Dock Worker is responsible for ensuring empty cases are available to production departments to meet production schedules and to provide assistance to shipping by moving trailers as requested and according to established Company policies and procedures.
- The Case Dock Worker is also responsible for maintaining and cleaning all equipment in assigned area.
- Slide Case Stacks from truck using Milk Hook or Pallet Jack as appropriate.
- Ensure conveyor tracks are filled with empty cases to prevent production delays.
- Confirm empty case area is full of cases at end of shift in order to help next shift with production run.
- Safely handle all materials.
- Correctly prioritize which truck to empty first based on input from Supervisors or Yard Drivers.
- Continuously scan the area and straighten up to reduce trip and slip hazards.
- Spot broken or otherwise unusable cases and remove them to the designated area.
- Handle returned and truck inventory product as instructed.
- Ensure trailers are unloaded and washed in a timely and efficient manner while keeping dock doors closed at all times when not in use.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.