Casemaker Operator – 1st Shift
Walsworth Ripon Printers
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORT STRUCTURE:
Responsible to set up, run and maintain assigned machinery. Job duties may require overtime in addition to the standard 40-hour work week.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Become proficient with casemaker set up.
- Print, read, and understand Cover Department policies, procedures, and job tickets.
- Requires basic trouble shooting skills.
- Minimize machine downtime to achieve department production rates.
- Perform routine quality checks and document results to ensure consistency.
- Communicate with incoming shift all quality, maintenance, and production related issues to assure smooth shift transition and minimal down time.
- Communicate maintenance and personnel needs to management to ensure schedules are met.
- Frequent lifting, bending, and twisting.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year bindery experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Knowledge of AS400 database is a plus.
- Ability to use basic math and measuring skills.
- Ability to organize tasks and ensure timely completion of assigned work.
- Able to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate effective and professionally (both verbally and in writing) with others inside and outside the organization.
- Requires a very high level of attention to detail.
- Standing on a regular basis for a minimum of 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to work overtime and weekend schedules.