CDL-A Truck Drivers
Performance Food Group
Cm Albuquerque, NM
Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Earn $60000 - $65000 / a year
- Schedule: Tuesday thru Friday. Mondays on call
- Dispatch times between 2:30am - 3:00am
- Two overnights a week
- CDL A License required
- Clean driving record required for past 3 years
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits
Primary Responsibilities: The Driver is responsible for driving a tractor-trailer or straight truck on intrastate and interstate local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and overnight and drive and drop routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food-related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Performs all required safety checks (i.e., pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspects tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Reports all safety issues and/or repairs required. Follows all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies.
- Immediately reports all safety hazards. Inspects trailer for properly loaded and secured freight.
- Performs count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded.
- Checks and completes in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paperwork associated with freight.
- Moves tractor to the loading dock and attach the preloaded trailer as needed.
- Drives to and delivers customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unloads products from the trailer, transports items into designated customer storage areas.
- Performs damage control checks on items, scans, and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
- Verifies delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collects money (cash or checks) where required. Loads customer returns on to trailer and secures trailer doors.
- Ensures that tractor, trailer, and freight are appropriately locked and/or always secured.
- Unloads damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unloads all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Completes daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state, and company requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
Valid CDL-A Must be 21+ years of age
Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
Pass road test
Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
Preferred Qualifications1+ years foodservice distribution industry experience
Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e., PeopleNet)
Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e., POD)
Customer service-related work experience
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune 150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.