CDL Delivery Driver – Sandston, VA
Tri-Valley Beverage, Inc.
At Specialty Beverage, we believe in doing right by our employees, suppliers, customers, and communities. We believe hard work delivers results. And we believe these values are why our network of distributors, the Sheehan Family Companies, has been in business for over 125 years. Here you’ll work with a team that’s rooting for you to succeed and empowering you to reach your full potential. We’re looking for hardworking, motivated, and good-humored individuals to join our close-knit team and help us grow our business
Specialty Beverage is in search of a Delivery Driver for our retail routes based out of Sandston, VA. The primary responsibility for these positions is to ensure the successful and timely delivery of our products through out the state of Virginia.
The shift runs Monday through Friday
Starting pay averages $20- $22/hour based on experience.
Qualified applicants must have a valid and clean CDL A or B driver’s license, a high school diploma or GED, experience driving full-sized straight trucks.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Two wheeled hand truck
• Electric and hydraulic pallet jack
• Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" -- 10 to 30 lb.
• Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10"-- 25 to 48 lb.
• Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long-- 87 lb.
• Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long -- 165 lb.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
• Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
• Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels and half barrels from floor to 48" on a frequent basis
• Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
• Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels
*All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and a physical exam.
Our employment package provides a top shelf combination that’s difficult to find elsewhere, including competitive pay, platinum-level health insurance, tuition reimbursement, a matched 401K, and so much more.
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Specialty Beverage is a proud beverage distributor offering an unmatched product portfolio of domestic, import and craft beers, ciders, artisanal wines, spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and more to our customers across Virginia statewide.
To learn more visit www.specialtybevva.com or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.