CDL Driver – $3,000 Hiring Bonus!!
The CDL Truck Driver will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of rear load, front load, side load, and roll off trucks, while providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers on designated routes. The Driver safely maneuvers assigned vehicle in residential or commercial environments; navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots and provides excellent customer service. The driver must have the ability to make positive contributions to their surrounding communities on behalf of Casella.
New Starting Pay Rate for Qualified Candidates!
Drivers at Casella participate in a Career Pathways Program that offers exceptional Advancement Opportunity, Regular Merit Increases, and Safety Bonus Incentives.
- Performs pre/post trip inspections of assigned vehicle in accordance with Casella safety standards as well as state and federal regulations; maintains appearance of truck in accordance with company standards.
- Exhibits dedication to performing safe operation of rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks on streets, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
- Provides a distinguishably different level of service through courteous interactions with all customers and provides service in a timely manner.
- Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
- Completes all assigned company and federally mandated paperwork accurately.
- Empties all receptacles Cleans area around accidental waste spills.
- Completes assigned route sheet for one Line of Business (LOB).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
- Notifies Dispatch of any service interruptions, incidents, accidents, property damage, or unsafe situations; exhibits an ability to be observant and aware of all surroundings at all times.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Career Path Definitions & Distinctions
Apprentice: Completes training for Helper safety (Rear Load Residential), customer service training and required training to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle while providing service to customers in their line of business. Obtains CDL Permit.Class I Driver: Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned route sheet for 1 Line of Business as well as ability to complete tasks necessary as to one of the following: Rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks.Class II Driver: Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned route sheet for 2 Lines of Business as well as ability to complete tasks necessary as to two of the following: Rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks. Shows a development of improvement of communication skills with customers and coworkers. Exhibits evidence of increased knowledge of the company and industry. Illustrates an ability to be a mentor to new employees.Class III Driver: Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned route sheet for 3 Lines of Business as well as ability to complete tasks necessary as to three of the following: Rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks. Demonstrates an increased effort of providing positive contributions to the community on behalf of the community. Displays a capability to participate in training and development of new employees.Lead Driver: Demonstrates the ability to develop driver training plans and coach employees to achieve successful outcomes. Exhibits the ability to complete assigned route sheets for all lines of business. Provides courteous customer service and communicates professionally with customers and employees. Actively participates in the company’s progress with the career paths program and helps drivers to move up in their careers.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED, must be at least 18 years of age, hold a valid Class A or B CDL License and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The physical ability to handle objects more than 75lbs frequently throughout the day and work under many different weather conditions is expected.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective listening and problem-solving skills, and dedication to providing excellent customer service is desired. It is also important that the candidate has demonstrated the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
This position requires successful completion of pre-employment testing, including a drug screen.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is disciplined, dependable, determined, focused on delivering excellent customer service, and is open to personal and professional training and development.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Boot & Clothing Allowance, Safety Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.