Local CDL A or CDL B Driver
We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members and we show this by having a clear path of advancement for our Drivers with on-the-job and web-based training for you to move up as a Driver or other positions within the branch. You are also rewarded for your safety.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duty of the Driver, which we call a Logistics Specialist II with or without a Crane Operator, is to deliver building materials to a customer’s place of business or to a job site. Drivers operate within a maximum of a 200-mile radius of their home branch, with deliveries originating and ending at the branch (no deliveries result in an overnight stay).
- Home every night
- Safety Bonus
- Safely drive a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Be a leader for job site safety by operating all equipment in accordance with local, state, and federal laws at all times.
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections
- Validate and confirm inventory loaded on the truck comparing purchase orders, sign-off on delivery tickets and confirm addresses on delivery tickets and ensure that routing information is obtained prior to leaving the branch.
- Conduct a job site inspection and document any existing damage to lawn, landscaping, or driveway, and the location of any power lines, sprinklers, septic tanks, mailboxes, fences, etc.
- Capture pictures of all building products delivered in accordance with Company Policy.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Ability to load and unload building products that weigh up to 100 lbs. each off of a straight bed truck on a continuous basis. Prior experience operating a forklift or Moffett is a plus.
- Must be a safe driver with no hit & runs or no DWI or DUI convictions within the last three years. One or more accidents and/or severe violations in the last year will be reviewed by HR and Management.
- Prior commercial driving experience and knowledge of DOT & OSHA safety regulations for Logistic Specialists a plus.
- Prior work experience within distribution is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. If crossing state lines or transporting hazardous materials, then the minimum age is 21. These two issues apply to very few of our positions.
- Must pass a required drug test and possess a current DOT medical certificate. Must not have positive drug tests in the last 12 months.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass an E-Verify Check.
All CDL Drivers in the US must register with FMCSA as of January 6, 2020. If offered a job, our background check company will check that you registered before continuing with your background and drug screen. Link to register: https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/register
Instructions from the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA): https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/Resource/Index/Registration-Driver-Instructions
Keywords: CDL A, CDL B, driver, commercial driver’s license, building products, job site, building materials, distributor, distribution, touch freight, load, unload, commercial vehicle and delivery.
JB Wholesale Roofing and Building Supplies - Chatsworth21524 Nordhoff St. Chatsworth, CA 91311
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran Friendly Employer. SRS Distribution believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.ID:uDnQdo