Newport Sand & Gravel Co., Inc.
Who we are:
We're Carroll Concrete, a proud family owned and operated company, we are focused on leading the industry with integrity. It is our mission to provide superior service to our customers and a safe and fulfilling work environment for our entire staff, all while delivering the highest quality products, and we're GROWING - FAST! COME GROW WITH US!
Who You Are:
You should be someone that is looking for a career and looking to obtain your CDL Class B Driver's License, Carroll Concrete is willing to pay for you to obtain your CDL B license with a 2-year commitment.
- Must have a driving record within the tolerable insurability limits.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug screening and alcohol testing
- Maintain DOT physical card.
Carroll Concrete has dedicated this program to help outgoing candidates get their Class B CDL while working at the Company in a labor or an equipment operator capacity. We are looking for dependable team players with good communication skills and are safety conscious. You must conduct yourself in a professional manner with internal Carroll employees and customers at all times. You should possess basic reading (including map reading ability), legible writing and simple math skills, and common sense. Knowledge of the local area, local contractors and/or concrete construction practices are preferred but not required.
During the time CDL trainees are enrolled in their CDL course, they must:
- Report to work at their agreed upon Plant Location on days they don’t report to class.
- Upon completion of the program, newly licensed drivers are partnered up with a mentor at their location and work through the Company Mixer Driver Training Program.
- Once the program is complete, and the Area Manager has signed off on the training, CLD Trainees are promoted to Mixer Driver.
- Attend the CDL course and driving hours as described in the syllabus from the school
- Communicate with the Plant Manager on course work/driving schedules
- Strip, clean, oil and close waste block forms
- Clean plant daily, sweep, keep area tidy and safe, power wash as needed
- Operate a loader to move waste blocks or fill bins
- Follows appropriate environmental rules and regulations
- Fully understand and follow the company’s philosophy
- Other duties and tasks as directed
Each worker is responsible for his/her own safety and for the safety of others around them. Work safely and report unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
What you’ll be doing
- Must be able to lift/maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds multiple times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to maneuver in and out of truck safely.
- Ability to clean all areas on vehicle.
- Ability to climb ladder to inspect loads of ready mixed concrete.
- Load/unload/carry chutes across variety of terrain multiple times throughout the workday.
- Manipulate all truck controls safely and accurately
- Perform multiple tasks of sustained viewing activity at rear of truck utilizing side mount mirrors (or in some cases cameras) while driving and manipulating controls.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as necessary.
- Must be able to perform other tasks as directed by Management within the realm of your capabilities.
Schedule: We guarantee 40 hours all year round! Voluntary layoff accepted. Must be able to work flexible hours as necessary. Some Saturday work required
Salary: Let's talk! Monthly bonus’s May-Nov
Benefits: YES! Details below
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Ancillary Benefits (STD, LTD, AD&D, Life) - company paid
- HRA and FSA programs
- 401k w/ Matching
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program -$1000.00 paid over 4 payments.
- Paid uniforms services
- $125.00 boot allowance
- Paid end of year shutdown
- Plus, many more!
This job description, as written for the position of CDL Trainee for the Ready-Mix plant facilities for Carroll Concrete Company/Newport Sand & Gravel Co., Inc. is an accurate reflection of the essential job functions for this position. This job description and its contents are subject to change without notice at Carroll Concrete's discretion.