CDL Truck Driver
Wausau Supply Co.
Salt Lake City, UT
Paid Hourly with OT premium after 40 hours!
+ $3,000 Sign on Bonus
+ 3 weeks paid vacation within the 1st year
+ Opportunity to earn up to $2,000 Safety Bonus per year, paid quarterly
+ 9 paid holidays
+ 100% Employee Owned
+ Employee Stock Ownership Program – Employer funded average retirement contribution of up to $4 per hour
+ 401K Retirement Fund - Additional opportunity for employee to contribute
+ Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term/ Long Term Disability
+ Opportunity for advancement
+ Employee Material Purchase Program
Wausau Supply Company manufactures and distributes premium building materials from coast to coast. Our territory continues to expand as we continuously strive to meet the demands of our customers with nineteen distribution centers and five manufacturing and finishing facilities.
Summary: Drives gasoline or diesel powered tractor trailer combination to transport, unload, and deliver products to our customers. It is the responsibility of the Driver to be aware of all company goals and anticipate problems that could impact long term goals, including quality control and establishing high standards of workmanship. In order to be effective as the Driver, an individual must be fluent with communication and it is imperative they maintain positive relations internally and externally.
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Complete a pre-trip and post-trip inspection on the tractor and trailer
- Check Load and secure to D.O.T. Regulations. Make sure the load is safe and legal before moving
- Drive truck safely and legally to customer locations and return to the distribution center
- Open curtains, unstrap product, count and check product for damage and shortages
- Assist receivers in unloading and loading the truck as needed
- Maintains driver logs and inspection reports according to D.O.T. regulations
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, with availability for occasional overnights to support business needs
- Minimum one year, 100,000 miles driving experience – preferred, but not required
- Must have a clean driving record
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a Class A CDL with air brake endorsement
- Must be able to pass a D.O.T. Physical
- Must pass a DOT Pre-employment drug test
Working Demands / Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to push/pull 100 pounds
- Be able to assist in loading and unloading as needed
- Able to obtain a D.O.T. medical card
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job requires the drivers to be outside in all weather conditions, all year round.