Cell Technician – 1st Shift
Fisher Barton - Zenith Cutter
Sun Prairie, WI
Job Title: CNC Operator
The successful CNC Operator will be responsible for setting up and running a CNC lathe cell. Operators will also
test for quality of parts produced. Other duties will include material handling and part packaging. CNC
Operators will take direction from the CNC Cell Lead.
You can expect to:
- Operate CNC lathes and CNC grinders
- Conduct basic set ups on machines to run jobs
- Understanding of Fanuc and G&M codes
- Perform quality checks while running production and make machine offsets as necessary
- Perform First Piece Approval Quality checks including using GD&T
- Run a CMM program
- Read and understand part prints
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Responsibilities and impact may crossover technical fields/functions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a machining and/or manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to add value to production teams, maintain and run equipment, etc. desired
- Ability to work well with personnel from all levels in all functions of the organization
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive motorized vehicles including forklifts
- Ability to work quickly and swiftly with large, heavy machinery and products
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes, earplugs, respirator, etc.)
- High School/GED
- Familiarity with SPC a plus
- Experience in an ISO-9001 environment is a plus
- Solidworks and CMM experience is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Location: 210 Business Park Drive | Sun Prairie | WI | 53590
Shift Hours: 1st shift, Monday - Thursday, 5:00AM - 3 PM with availability for overtime on Fridays and Saturdays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Eligible to earn up to 96 hours of paid time off your first year
- FSA (Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account)
- Up to 5% quarterly bonus
- And more!
Who we are:
At Fisher Barton, we combine years of experience across multiple industries to deliver unparalleled innovation. Our world-class talent understands the behavior of materials and develops leading-edge solutions that meet your unique needs. We’re more than a source for high-quality parts; Fisher Barton is your resource for the highest quality solutions you’ll find—anywhere.
Fisher Barton is an equal opportunity employer who welcome and encourages diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to any status or characteristic protected by law.
1st Shift, Monday - Thursday, 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM with availability for overtime on Fridays and Saturdays
Four 10-hour days.