Chassis Lead Designer
HDT Expeditionary Systems, Inc.
Join the team that is a leader in engineering, designing and manufacturing of leading-edge military expeditionary products and rugged industrial/commercial products since 1937.
What We Offer:
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services, Dental & Vision
- Life, AD&D & Disability (paid for by the company)
- 401K with a company match
This position may be located at any one of the HDT Global facilities (Cincinnati, OH; Florence, KY; Solon, OH; Geneva OH; Spokane, WA; Fredericksburg, VA; Edgewood, MD; Huntsville, AL)
The Chassis Lead Designer is responsible for the design & drafting of complex chassis components, assemblies and finished products for military and commercial trailer customers. Creates and edits part, assembly, installation and other drawings and associated bills of material. Interfaces frequently with engineers, other designers and manufacturing teammates. Provides guidance to designers and senior designers. Proactively leads continuous improvement initiatives. Effectively influences others.
- Supports the department by creating a variety of complex mechanical and/or electrical designs for new product parts, subassemblies, assemblies, or systems configurations using SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Assists in the assembly of prototypes drawing multiple views; depicting relationship of component and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials
- Does detail work individually, or distributes work to detailer resources when possible
- Compiles / prepares Bills of Materials and specifications
- Contributes to and drives compliance with HDT’s Engineering Playbook including modeling and drafting standards
- Creates documentation required and processes Engineering Change Orders
- Strive to maintain high quality designs and completing tasks on time and within budget
- Supports the Configuration Change Board (CCB) through meeting attendance and resulting design change actions
- Analyzes the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or interference problems
- Recommends possible solutions or alternate construction
- Modifies models and/or drawings as required; collaborating with engineers to resolve issues
- Provides assistance to lesser experienced drafters by communicating work priorities providing technical assistance, verifying accuracy of work
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner
- Contribute to an earned value management system where the value of the great work you do is demonstrated and supports high-level business initiatives
Education/Experience/Other Skills & Abilities:
- Associates degree required in related field or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Successful track record as a senior designer or equivalent.
- 6+ years minimum using SolidWorks software.
- Experience using NX, Creo Parametric and/or AutoCAD is also beneficial
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office, Teams, etc.)
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for this role.ID:uDnQdo