Chemical Operator I
Chemtrade Solutions, LLC
Scope of position
This job is diverse in the mechanical ability to perform general plant operator duties. Work includes tank truck and railcar vessel opening, loading and unloading, operation of pumps, piping, valves and general plant upkeep and maintenance. Also, assists the Acid and Shift Utility Operators or other plant personnel as needed. This job requires climbing stairs and ladders and also lifting (within OSHA guidelines). This job consists of outside elements where radiant heat or cold is normal work environment, and rotating shifts.
- Safe and accurate ACH and blend truckloading.
- Accurate completion of BOL's and COA's
- Complete and accurate filling out of unloading checklists (acid, DADMAC, etc.).
- Accurate performance of lab tests (Al2O3, Cl, Turbidity, Spec Grav)
- Accurate completion of SWP's, Confined Space Permits, and related safety permits.
- Completed and signed off on all Life Critical Procedures.
- Accurate completion of daily inventory and environmental forms and spreadsheets.
- Accurate completion of fall protection equipment and ladder inspection forms.
- Completion of basic maintenance PM's.
- Maintenance of good housekeeping in all areas of the plant.
- Safe offloading of trucks of ingots, pallets, totes, etc.
- Accurate and safe filling of drums and totes.
- Accurately and consistent placement of labels on drums and totes.
What You Need To Be Successful
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a plant environment performing similar duties is preferred.
- Ability to use computer effectively, Microsoft programs, maintenance management system, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, manufacturer’s literature, diagrams or schematics.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Hourly rate : $23 - $25.30 per hour
The US hourly rate for this position is $23 - 25.30 + benefits. Hourly rates are determined by role, level, and location. The hourly rate displayed on each job posting reflects the starting rate for new hires for the position. Rates may also be determined by work location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. More specific rate factors for your preferred location can be discussed during the hiring process, as some facilities are subject to Collective Bargaining Agreements. Please note that the compensation details listed in the US roles postings reflect the hourly rate only, and do not include benefits, pension contributions or additional incentives such as overtime and shift premiums.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook!