Chief Process Automation Engineering Specialist – Phoenix, AZ
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Provide leadership, develop strategic plan, organize resources, and evaluate plant processes and control system performance.
- Provide direction, standards and performance metrics for discrete/continuous/advanced control, controller equipment and software, and the HMI
- Review, design and develop control strategy to meet the process objectives
- Provide direction, standards and performance metrics for alarm management systems
- Assess and define the plant safety requirement (SIL) and ensure compliance
- Evaluate options and recommend process instrumentation selection
- Provide direction, standards and performance metrics for PCS communication and plant historians
- Perform other duties as required
This position requires international air travel. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan’s requirement for all employees whose job requires international travel, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air internationally, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- High School diploma or GED and eleven (11) years of Engineering experience relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree in an Scientific discipline and seven (7) years of experience in Engineering or related Scientific field relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience; OR
- Master's degree in an Scientific discipline and five (5) years of experience in Engineering or related Scientific field relevant to Process Automation, including lead or supervisory experience
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in a busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by an elevator
- Some walking/hiking is required during operational visits and inspections
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $108,000-$152,000. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional incentive compensation considerations based on company and individual performance. Additionally, this position is currently eligible for annual long-term incentive consideration. Long-term incentives are contingent upon authorized approval under the terms and conditions of the Company's plan and award agreements. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Equal Opportunity EmployerID:uDnQdo