Civil Engineer P.E. or Civil Designer
Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design Group is looking for a licensed Civil Engineer or Civil Designer with five (5) plus yrs. progressive experience. Ideal candidate will become a valued Civil Department team member, interacting with Architects, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration and Process Engineers, in addition to Project Managers and Construction Management professionals. Design Group is a full-service AEP practice with exceptional opportunities for professional development and career growth.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of Civil/Site/Utility engineering practices and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and communicate civil engineering and land planning practices.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand Survey documents/plans (Deeds, Easements, Covenants, Associations, Encumbrances and Alta, Existing Conditions, As built or Environmental plans)
- Perform industrial, commercial, manufacturing, and institutional site design/permitting due diligence, including regulatory requirement research and identification for land planning purposes.
- Proven ability to prepare Conceptual or General Arrangement Plan preparation/production, including XREF document manipulation and data shortcuts, using AutoCAD 2018 (Civil 3D and Vehicle Tracking) or newer. Experience with style library creation or customization is a plus.
- Assist or Self-execute Stormwater Analysis (modeling) using HydroCAD version 10 or newer, including Stormwater Report or SWPPP preparation.
- Assist or Self-execute project technical specifications.
- Assist or Self-execute project shop submittal review.
- Assist or Self-execute land use permitting applications.
- Assist or Self-execute environmental permitting applications.
- Assist or Self-execute project special reports/studies, such as Facility Conditions Report, Construction Observations and Opinion of Probable Construction Costs
- Assist or Self-execute sub-consultant management, including RFP preparation, proposal review/recommendation and project performance compliance (GPR, Geotech, Traffic, Wetland, Survey)
- Willingness and Ability to perform construction observations.
- Possess the desire and ambition to interact with clients and agencies through meetings and public presentations.
- Possess the desire and ambition to participate within the Civil Department’s Communities of Practice advancement, including Quality Management System
- Licensed/Non-licensed Civil Engineer with five (5) plus years of progressive design/permitting experience.
- We encourage all Civil Designers with 3 or more years’ experience to apply.
- We also encourage Civil Designers with 3 or more years’ experience with career goal/objective to become a licensed professional civil engineer to apply.
- Civil/Site/Utility design/engineering production experience (plans, permit applications, reports, specifications) using Microsoft products (Word/Excel), Autodesk products (AutoCAD/C3D/Vehicle Tracking) and HydroCAD
- Federal, State, County, and Municipal land use and environmental permitting application/report identification and preparation experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with valued inter-disciplinary and inter-office team members.
- Presentation experience is desirable, but not required.
- Supervisory and management experience is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to travel is desirable, but not required at this time. As professional development and career advancement occurs, occasional regional travel is possible.
- Relocation: For exceptional and qualified applicants, relocation assistance is available
- BS Civil Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited university or technical college.
- Civil Designers a 2 yr. or 4 yr. technical drafting/design degree or certification is desired, equivalent experience in civil design can substitute for degree.
Licenses and certifications:
- P.E. licensure (desired, not required.)
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.