Class A or B CDL – Metals Recycling – Night Shift $25
Oscar Winski Co., Inc.
Job Location: Oscar Winski Metals Recycling - Lafayette, IN
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Road Warrior
Job Shift: Night Shift
Job Category: Distribution - Shipping
The truck driver position is responsible for operation of an over the road commercial vehicle, 26,000lbs + with air brakes.
M-F 5p-Finish w/ overtime as needed
9-12 hours per day - typical work hours
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes daily truck, pre-trip/ post-trip, and equipment inspections to ensure mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Operates company equipment, transporting material
- Maintains all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA, and company safety programs
- Understands how different materials need to be hauled and takes the extra precautions before hauling
- Must be able to drive different vehicles with different transmission patterns on demands
- Properly secures loads according to rules
- Completes daily trip logs
- Provides excellent customer service to customers
- Maintains equipment in good working condition including cleanliness
- Communicates with office assistant and site manager to receive site directions and instructions
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Communication skills primarily by phone or other communication devices provided.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Use of good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to use all senses to do the job (i.e. hearing, smelling, seeing equipment problems)
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Must have knowledge of current local, state, and federal regulations
- Must have the ability to properly document necessary records
- Material recognition
- Knowledge of the area and ability to understand driving directions
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess valid Class A CDL, or Class B for roll-off and lugger truck driving only
- Pass review of MVR (no more than 6 points allowed for insurance coverage)
- Pass driving test administered by Oscar Winski personnel
- Pass CDL physical at designated facility
- Complete all paperwork required for the Driver Qualification File
- This position falls under DOT random drug screen regulations
- At least 2 years driving experience, preferred
- Truck driver is also required to open and close container doors
The Truck Driver will be operating a climate controlled vehicle, but will also be exposed to weather elements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to climb up into the truck, and down from the truck to exit the cab.ID:uDnQdo