Clerk (Field Clerk in/on barges and ships) – Arabi, LA
Associated Terminals Of Saint Bernard
Associated Terminals is a world-leading cargo handling company, renowned for its safety, efficiency, and knowledgeable team. We are committed to providing the highest level of services for cargo shippers, vessel owners, and other service providers in the maritime industry. We are currently seeking a dedicated Terminal Clerk to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, stowing, and sorting cargo, documenting cargo details, and working closely with the Clerk-In-Charge. This role offers a rewarding work environment, competitive wages, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Identify, stow, and sort cargo loaded or discharged from vessels into the terminal.
- Work with the Clerk-In-Charge to identify various cargoes and sort into proper areas.
- Document cargo details, including load lists, scanners, and tally sheet completion for production reports.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of trucks/barges/railcars.
- Verify count, weights, measurements, marks, and dimensions of cargo.
- Ensure the placement of cargoes in proper staging areas.
- Support company safety initiatives and comply with all operational directives and company policies.
- At least 1 year of similar experience in a maritime/ industrial, or warehousing environment.
- Must be able to read/write/communicate in English and use basic math skills.
- Ability to follow directions and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work rotational shift work.
- Must be physically fit to perform all essential physical demands of this job safely.
- Must possess a TWIC Card.
- Competitive wages and benefits, including paid holidays and vacation.
- Training provided, along with all necessary personal protective equipment, including boots and uniforms.
- Work/Life Balance Work Schedule.
- Great 401K Plan and Company Sponsored Life Policy
- The incumbent will work in all weather conditions and at different elevations. Noise levels may require hearing protection. The job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment, and tools. Rotational shift required.