Client Services Representative
The Client Services Representative communicates with commercial and large industrial companies across the United States and Canada, building relationships, while managing the facilities waste and biproducts into various outlets. The individual understands their dedicated accounts business and assist in determining which of our waste and recycling services will create the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Receives service requests via phone or email and obtains necessary information in order to execute a defined service and create work orders for the services.
- Executes work orders in a timely fashion and assures that each work order contains complete and accurate information to execute and bill for the service.
- Schedules service requests with necessary vendors and confirms that service has been completed.
- Coordinates with the Sourcing Group to get pricing from haulers and end sites to compare pricing with other vendors necessary.
- Communicates with customers to troubleshoot issues such as the need for equipment repairs, material that does not meet quality standards, additional service fees, etc.
- Coordinates with and support accounts payable and receivable departments to ensure all services are billed.
- Preschedules weekly service when possible and proactively contacts service locations when they are due for service and prior to holidays.
- Communicates regularly with account managers about service for assigned customers including reviewing equipment repairs and repair changes; notifies customer/account manager of any reoccurring issues and participates in solving problems.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Career Path Definitions and Distinctions:
Level 1: Has 0-2 years of progressively complex experience in the customer service field. Demonstrates knowledge in Casella’s business products and services as well as customer service and client relationship management. Can effectively manage assigned customer base, take calls from most customers without assistance, hand in daily work order report once reviewed, utilize problem solving skills to assess issues and ask for assistance when needed from team members, bulling specialist or account representatives.
Level 2: Has 2-3 years of progressively complex experience in the customer service and client relationship management field. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in several technical areas of customer service and client relationship management and can build strong relationships with home office and divisional employees at various levels within the organization. Cross-trained to handle all accounts from a customer service prospective, accuracy and notes with minimal billing issues, work order report reviewed by supervisor, ability to handle problems and/or direct to management with idea for resolution, handle all calls from any customer, reliable and able to work extra time as needed, manages customer base instead of being reactive (holiday prescheduling, managing overweight hauls).
Senior: 4+ years of progressively complex experience in the customer service and client relationship management field. Demonstrates highly integrated knowledge and competence in several technical areas of customer service and client relationship management and can build strong relationships with home office and divisional employees at various levels within the organization. Assists with training, works with Client Service Manager on billing issues, takes on additional responsibilities and asks for additional projects, reviews daily work order reports of others, handles escalations and knows who and when will need to know of the issues, supervises the team when needed. Is extremely reliable and accurate.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a high school education, a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment and be legally eligible to work in the US. A bachelor’s degree, relevant sales certifications, 1-2 years of sales experience and background knowledge or interest in an environmental and/or sustainability field are preferred.
Outstanding relationship management skills, excellent listening, communication and problem-solving skills and an ability to identify and develop sales opportunities are required. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic for CRM or similar software systems and related software are expected.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is proactive, efficient, attentive has strong problem-solving skills and is results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.