CMM Operator Lead
The CMM Lead will focus on CMM equipment-related tasks, such as the maintenance, modification, or running of existing part programs.
Additionally, as required, coordinate and conduct documentation and training activities for new employees. Responsible for ensuring the production personnel are trained and using all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Responsible for directing workflow activity for the assigned operational area of production. Acts as technical lead and prioritizes troubleshooting.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform source inspections in accordance with customer requirements.
- Reading CMM programs (PC-DMIS).
- Handle conflicting/changing priorities to avoid inspection delays.
- Request and help design any special fixturing needed to measure parts accurately.
- Work with machinists, production operators, engineers, and inspectors to determine part and fixture designs.
- Support new product launches.
- Responsible for CMM basic maintenance.
- Responsible for qualification of CMM programs (Repeatability and Accuracy)
- Support quality improvement and cost savings initiatives as required.
- Maintains, perform and document established calibration intervals on all Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment.
- Performs first article, in-process and final inspections per our quality system requirements.
- Generate appropriate and detailed documentation, record keeping, reports and partner with engineering for continuous improvement.
- Review and verify inspection and testing of parts for compliance, ensuring that only acceptable product moves to the next operation.
- Complete non-conformance reports in writing for defective parts and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from standards.
- Performs a detailed inspection plan or test requirements. Communicates and maintains appropriate records.
- Coordinate department activities across all shifts. Plan work for off-shift operators.
- Responsible for training all department employees to Avalign quality standards.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer excellent opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive, and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective verbal and written communicator
What You’ll Need:
- Prior work experience required.
- Ability to read and understand all finishing requirements on drawings, SPI’s and MPI’s.
- Good communication and organization skills.
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Calipers and Micrometers